Create An Immortal Ezine: Evergreen Newsletters
This article is particularly for those people who want to communicate regularly with their readers and through this communication build up a strong relationship. If you've never considered using a newsletter or ezine to contact your prospects and suspects, then now is the time.
However, with almost every small business on the planet boasting that they have a newsletter, wouldn't it be great if there were some cheats and easy ways to use your newsletter to better effect?
If you've written newsletters for a while in the traditional "news" style, you'll know how frustrating it can be continually having to remind people what you do as you get new subscribers. In your first issue, full of enthusiasm, you might have told your readers that they can get a discount or sign up to another of your great services. However, by issue 10, you'd like to be strengthening that relationship.
The term "evergreen" when applied to articles means an article that can be read on any day in any year and still have strong meaning to the reader.
We want to make sure that everyone who signs up to our newsletter receives ALL the issues in the order that makes most sense to them and to us. So each issue is written in an "evergreen" fashion (ie nothing dates) and is set to be sent at intervals of 14 days.
A lot of articles that you read in magazines are topics that can be run again and again. These "evergreen" topics never go out of style - they never date. Here are some examples, bridal magazines use stories on planning your wedding, choosing a wedding dress, hairstyles and that all important honeymoon. Fitness magazines run articles on losing weight and exercising.
So, writing an "evergreen" newsletter means that you write all your content ahead of time and none of it can be time-sensitive.
Evergreen e-zines are brilliant and easy to do.
1. To build a relationship with your readers, to inform them and provide them with useful content that they can use straight away.
2. To sell your products / services to them
3. To build a subscriber base (encourage evangelists)
4. To make the job easy for yourself ;-) (my favourite goal - remember we're Lean Marketers(tm))
Here's how to do it: Suppose you want to publish an article every two weeks - like Champions. That means you'd have to write 26 articles in a year. You write the articles and then add them to your autoresponder with day gaps of 14 - like day 1, day 14, day 28 etc. Each reader would get a message every two weeks and new readers would start at message 1.
1. Don't include time sensitive information. Unless you have a system that can manage multiple time sensitive offers (we might look at this in a later article) then ensure any information you include will last for ever.
2. The information must still be valuable - don't think you can get away with sending rubbish out.
3. You must include a proper opt in and out link in every message. Use an automated system for this, don't waste your own time trying to manage something so tiresome!
4. Check it's being read by asking for a response. Do you remember the pipeline we talked about in issue 3 (if you want to see a picture of a pipeline send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Send Me The Pipeline - I need to understand Evergreen Newsletters" in the subject line. We used this to check you were reading ;-)
5. Periodically check the system is working. Put your own email address in the automated system and read your own messages. This has a number of benefits - you get to see what your readers will see; you can make sure that the information isn't time sensitive (it can be a challenge at first!) and you get reminded of your own tips ;-)
6. Build the relationship. Take advantage of the opportunity to build a relationship, as you would in any other real world relationship, divulge a little more of yourself each time.
7. As people become more used to you and the relationship grows, expect them to start paying for your services / products. It might be a challenge to ask your prospects to part with their cash the first time your ezine pops into their email box, but over a period of time, say maybe 6 or 7 issues (by the way - this is your 7th newsletter from us) the relationship will have blossomed. This is when you can start to ask for the sale and expect results.
1. Make an outline of the articles you're going to use for the next 6 months and ensure you have a progression of relationship building.
2. Don't leave writing the newsletter to the last minute! (like I sometimes do)
3. Use software that automates the process - remember Lean Marketers(tm) use technology where appropriate. We use aweber.com
4. Can't think what to write? Then you may use some of our articles - let me know if you want to use them and I'll send you my by-line.
'Dangerous' Debbie Jenkins
(c) Copyright 2005 BookShaker.com
SUMMER CAN BE SLOW FOR BUSINESS
I'm wondering if... You Know Other People who should be reading this too? So do us all a favour (they get 2 free books - we get a new subscriber - you get to look good) when you Pass On This link... leanmarketing.co.uk
EZines: Get from Adequate to Fabulous
If my in-box is any indication, most of the business world is hot on e-newsletters. I receive half a dozen every day.
Newsletter SoftwareWhat types of newsletter software can I use to make the creation and publishing of my newsletter an easier task?Newsletter Software can be divided into different categories.1.
How To Make Money Online With A Newsletter
Many online internet marketers tell us "its all in the list" and many people lap up stories of guru's emailing thousands in their online list and making a huge profit in the process. Actually you too can start your own email list and make money from it as well.
The Magic Button That Earns $3,546 or more
Ever wonder how a "guru" earns $3,546 or more just by pressing a button?The first thing a newbie learns when landing on the Internet is that it is full of hype. Hype this.
Newsletter Name Ideas - Creative Ideas to Choose A Good Name for Your Newsletter
When you want to choose a name for your newsletter, you should come up with as many newsletter name ideas as you can think of. Because the more ideas you get, the easier it will be for you to choose a good name.
What Ive Learned From My Subscribers
As editor/publisher of Book Promotion Newsletter, I am fortunate in having an eclectic group of subscribers who number in the thousands. The ezine is interactive and subscribers are encouraged to share their innovative marketing techniques.
3 Things You Need to Do to Turn Net Information into Cash
Although we are in the information age, very few people have been able to turn the colossal amount of free accessible information available online, into cash or business success.a) Specialize One of the reasons for this is that there is actually too much information available online.
An Embarrassment of Riches - Part II
The DOI Foundation has unveiled the DOI-EB (EB stands for e-books) Initiative in the Book Expo America Show 2001, to, in their words:"Determine requirements with respect to the application of unique identifiers to eBooksDevelop proofs-of-concept for the use of DOIs with eBooksDevelop technical demonstrations, possibly including a prototype eBook Registration Agency."It is backed by a few major publishers, such as McGraw-Hill, Random House, Pearson, and Wiley.
Word Newsletter Templates - How to Easily Create Them
You can use Word newsletter templates for both Word and PDF newsletters. PDF is one of the most popular newsletter formats because it is easy to read and user-friendly.
Are Your E-Mails Bouncing? Hard Bounces, Soft Bounces, and Everything in Between
Are you doing "the bounce"? No, it's not a new hip-hop dance. A bounce, or bounce-back, is an e-mail that is returned to you because it cannot be delivered for some reason.
Start Your Own Ezine Newsletter & Profit!
The information listed here is worth more than gold. if you apply these simple list building plans and techniques, we guarantee you will see results.
Top 7 Techniques For Generating Subscribers To A Newsletter
Imagine you are sitting at home relaxing reading a book and sipping on ice cold lemonade, your friend calls you up to tell you about a new product on the market.You can't help but get excited because you know your subscribers will be interested!After signing up for the products affiliate program you send a recommendation of that product to your subscribers and instantly net yourself some cash just by pressing the SEND button! Not only that but your customers actually say 'Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!' Does this sound like fun to you?If it does then read below, as this is the Number 1 marketing strategy you need to implement to be continuously successful online.
Are You Getting The Most Out Of Your Ezine?
There are two reasons to publish an ezine. 1.
How To Publish Your Own Highly Demand Ezine
Ezine is an electronic newsletter that is published through internet. As a home based business owner, it is important for you to have your own ezine.
Who Is Your E-zine Really FROM?
One morning this past fall, I was going through my e-mail inbox, relentlessly deleting junk mail. As you're likely well aware, many spam messages are made to look like they're from a real person.
Writing, Publishing, Self Publishing, Website Promotion, Blogging, Internet Marketing
Are You Ready For The Publishing Revolution?Writing has traditionally been considered a solitary craft. You wrote you article or book in seclusion.
8 Effective Ezine Publishing Tips To Put You Ahead Of The Game
1. Swap sponsor, feature, or solo ads with other ezine publishers.
Good News About Getting Published
So you want to get a book published and add "author" to your resume. A decade ago, there weren't too many options for professionals and consultants to get into print.
The Five Deadly Fears of E-Newsletter Publishing
1. Fear Of Having Nothing To SayAs a small business owner, you know a lot more than you may realize.
10 Tips On Offering A Free Ecourse
1. Make your ecourse short like 5 - 7 days.
|home | site map|