7 Steps to Successful Publishing
The decision to publish a book is very exciting! It causes the creative juices to flow and the eyes to light up. But wait - before you begin the publishing process, know about the seven most important steps you need to know before publishing your book. Make sure that you take every step into careful consideration so that your road to success is an easy one:
1. Know why you are writing a book. Are you writing your memoirs for the family, are you writing a community cookbook, are you writing a book of regional interest or are you writing a national bestseller? All of these goals are valid, but each goal has different implications for your business plan. Know why you are writing and know that you can create that bestseller if that is your goal.
2. Treat publishing as a business. You are passing beyond the realm of author into the exciting world of publishing. You are not just a writer, you are about to become a publisher who wants to produce a profitable book, and you want to keep the profits for yourself.
3. Write a business plan. Being aware of the business aspect of publishing is not an end in itself - you need to formally write your plan. It does not need to be a fifty page document with every accounting possibility recorded, but it should outline all of the costs that you will encounter from obtaining the necessary funds to knowing the price of mailing a book. The business plan needs to account for future expenses as well as pre-publication expenses.
4. Plan for publicity and marketing. You must plan for the publicity and marketing of your book. You can have the best book in the world, but if no one knows about it, no one will buy it. You don't want to print books that sit in your garage. You want to print books that will sell, sell, sell!
5. Write about a subject that you know well. Don't write about something that you can't talk about without effort. Write about a subject with which you are very familiar and that excites you. Writing the book will establish you as an expert in your field, so choose the topic that causes everyone you know to come to you for advice. The publicity will then be so easy that you will love being the "star".
6. Know who will buy your book. So many authors think that "everyone" needs and should buy their books. Not so. Perhaps "everyone" needs their books, but not "everyone" will want to buy. Research and know WHO will actually WANT your book and market, market to them. They will buy!
7. Look for non-bookstore markets and do not be afraid of the large discounts. Bookstores are a hugely important market for most authors, but they are far from being the only place to sell books. There are many non-traditional markets that buy books in large quantities with no returns. This is a great market - sales made are guaranteed sales not consignment sales. Do not be afraid of the larger discounts when you make those large volume sales. The books you sell are actually SOLD.
Think how much more pleasant a journey is if you know which fork in the road will lead you to smooth driving and which fork in the road will lead you through potholes. Knowing the most effective publishing steps before you print will make your publishing career fun and profitable.
Copyright © 2003 Ink Tree Ltd.
Ink Tree Ltd. Helping writers publish, market and sell books! If there is a book inside you - profit from it. Learn everything you need to guide you from Idea to Book? to Success - the fast, easy, simple way. Publish your own book with one-on-one expert help from publishing professionals who have created numerous bestsellers and sold hundreds of thousands of books.
Phone: 1-866-500-8733 or 403-295-3898 Email: email@example.com
About The Author
Ink Tree Ltd. is a book marketing firm that helps writers publish, market and sell books. Learn everything you need to guide you from Idea to Book... to Success - the fast, easy, simple way.
Emerging Trends in Web Content and Web Publishing
Content is King but the web pages are still littered with writing that does scant justice to the word content, least of all creative, useful and valuable content.The first wave in the internet is finally over when we saw the design and technical elements of a website were the focus areas.
Managing Internet Addresses in Your Email Newsletter
Web and email addresses pose a special challenge for writers and publishers of email newsletters and ezines.I don't know about you, but I find it frustrating when I have to copy and paste an address into a browser, or into a separate email window.
Publishing Special Reports And Ebooks At No Cost
So you'd like to start publishing special reports and ebooks to use as marketing tools and to sell as products. But you have no budget to get this new venture going.
7 Ways You Can Make a Huge Impression With Your Ezine Welcome Message
Many times I receive a Welcome Message from someone after I subscribe to their ezine that leaves me wondering what I just jumped into. A welcome message is one of your first contacts with your subscriber, and it should say something that sets you apart from everyone else right at the get-go.
Are We Dating or Married?
You've convinced me that I want to sign up for your newsletter. Now that I'm ready, what do I do? I go to thesignup box on the current web page and complete the form.
Create Your Own Ezine Traffic Machine
How would you like to reach millions of people with your products and service for free?That is exactly what occurs when you start writing articles and submitting them to hundreds of ezines. Currently there are tens of thousands of ezine publishers online and almost all of them have one thing in common.
6 Ways to Catch More Opt-ins Than Ever Before
Remember that when you have new visitors at your website, your #1 goal is to get them on your ezine list! That way you have permission to contact them again and again, educating them about your helpful services and products that they came to learn more about.But you can't just put up a link that says "free newsletter".
Five Solid Reasons To Publish Your Ezine In a Blog!
Get Your Ezine 'Out There'!Placing your ezine in a Blog or a RSS Feed only takes minutes to do. It's easy, fast and free.
7 Benefits Of Using Newsletter Templates
1. Time saver.
6 Important Tips For Choosing Ezine To Advertise In
Did you ever wonder why some business owners seem to be able to pull in all the business they want, while others - perhaps you -can't seem to get any momentum? More often than not, it is because the successful ones have learned from marketing experts what works and what doesn't work in their marketing and promotional materials. Some marketing secrets seem to be secrets simply because they're widely known or understood.
7 Steps to Successful Publishing
The decision to publish a book is very exciting! It causes the creative juices to flow and the eyes to light up. But wait - before you begin the publishing process, know about the seven most important steps you need to know before publishing your book.
Your E-zine Promotion Checklist
While there are seemingly endless ways to promote your e-zine and attract new subscribers, here's a list of my favorite 15. Which ones are YOU using?Print this out and check those you already do, and note those you should "get a move on.
Explode Your Business
You can make a decent income selling products and services but you can become insanely rich by creating and controlling markets.That's what I'll help you to do.
Section Ideas to Include in Your Newsletter Design
A good newsletter template is not only consisted of a good design, but also good sections to make your newsletter interesting.I spend a lot of time studying successful newsletters and collected a list of section ideas for my own newsletter.
10 Critical Things To Do Before You Spend A Dime In Advertising
"Research?"Let's say it again?"Research"?Grrrrrrrr.The word "research" can make many eBusiness owners cringe.
The Five Deadly Fears of E-Newsletter Publishing
1. Fear Of Having Nothing To SayAs a small business owner, you know a lot more than you may realize.
The Sure-Fire Ways To Increase Your E-zines Readership!
You Have Won! Hold an ongoing prize drawing in your e-zine. The prizes should be something of interest or value to your subscribers.
E-Power The E-zine Advantage
"Regular communication with your customers is essential to your success." - Heidi Richards -E-zines - The alternative of choice for many companies is a great way to market your company.
Are You Getting The Most Out Of Your Ezine?
There are two reasons to publish an ezine. 1.
22 Ways to Grow Your Subscriber List
1. Don't bury your subscriber form, place it on your home page and or every page and make it VERY easy to find.
|home | site map|