10 Tips For Ezine Publishers
1. Many Ezine Publishers use too many styles of separatorin their Newsletter. I recently saw an Ezine that used noless than 7 different separators:
This confuses the reader and makes your Ezine difficultto read. Your Newsletter will look much smarter and bemuch easier to read if you use just one or two styles ofseparator.
2. Always give an email address for your readers to un-subscribe. Making your readers go to a website tounsubscribe will create more traffic but it won't makeyou popular.
3. Place the email address for unsubscribing near the topof your Newsletter where it can easily be seen. That willavoid messages from your readers asking you to unsubscribethem.
4. Put the title of your main article in the subject fieldof your Newsletter. People are much more likely to open anEzine whose subject field reads:
WebTrafficDaily: '10 Power Tips to Boost your Traffic'
WebTrafficDaily, Vol 14 Issue No. 6
5. Unless your Ezine specializes in offering free ads,limit your classifieds to ten per issue. More than that andyour readers will be irritated and the ads will lose theireffect.
6. In every issue of your Newsletter, tell your readersabout some new resource you have added to your Website -give them a reason to come back. After all, that's one ofthe main reasons for publishing an Ezine - to turn one-timevisitors into repeat visitors.
7. Before sending out your Newsletter, do a trial runand send it to yourself. I do this and I almost always findsome little error that needs fixing.
8. Keep an archive of back-issues on your website. Peopleare more likely to subscribe to your Ezine if they can seea sample.
9. Search the Web for Tips on the theme of your Ezine -include an 'Editor's Tip' in each issue.
10. Format your Newsletter to 60 characters-per-line. Youcan either do this manually using a 'ruler' such as this:
Or you can use an ASCII file formatter (much quicker)such as 'Ezine Assistant'. Ezine Assistant is free and youcan download it at: ezineassistant.com/
A Newsletter Publishers Main Task: Packaging Value Content
The main task of a newsletter publisher is to select and package quality content of direct, practical relevance to its specific readership audience.This might sound quick and easy, but it is not.
Internet Marketing Strategy: 9 Pragmatic Ways Increase Your E-zines Subscription
It is possible to increase the subscription to your e-zine or newsletter.You can do so by implementing the internet marketing strategy below:(1) Hold an ongoing prize drawing in your e-zine.
Why Arent You Using CGI?
The very name CGI used to send chills up my spine. Foryears I put it in the 'too-hard-basket'.
You Can Publish an Ezine
Publishing an Ezine can be scary to the newbie. But you can do it.
How Many Articles Can An Author Write As An Expert In A Field?
More and more smart business people are finding the value of writing articles and putting them online in order to propel their expert status in their field. From this they develop a clientele base, which will patronize their businesses.
Review of Ezine Announcer
The most critical piece of software in my article submission arsenal is EzineAnnouncer. I've been using EzineAnnouncer, developed by Jason Potash, for ten months with a great deal of success and just a little aggravation.
Gosh, What Am I Going to Put in My Email Newsletter THIS Month?
So you decided to put out a monthly newsletter, because "that's what smart marketers do." This is a terrific idea! After all, really good content is the way to your readers' hearts, and everyone loves to receive presents in the mail (or, email in this case).
Newsletter Names - Creative Ideas for Newsletter Titles
Your newsletter name has a big effect on your readership, so it's essential you choose a good name right from the start. Here are some ideas to help you come up with creative newsletter names.
Understanding Ezine Publishing!
I can remember my first reaction to word "ezine". What is it? The word "ezine", (pronounced ee-zeen), is a shortened version of "electronic zine", which is a word used to describe short self-published "electronic magazines".
The Nitty-Gritty Of Ezine Publishing
I sat here this morning, and decided to work out exactly how much time I use on creating my weekly ezine, and I almost kinda shocked myself. I`m not the ONLY publisher who refuses to automate, so please, after reading my hours, spare a kind thought for all those other publishers out there that do everything manually, and who really take the time to get down to a personal level with their subscribers.
An Overlooked Fr~e Advertising Opportunity
When you have an online business you need to utilize every possible avenue of advertising and promotion. As I sign up for more ezines and discussion groups, I am finding numerous publishers are overlooking a very effective and fr~e advertising opportunity.
Email Newsletters: Privacy and Unsubscribing
As you likely know from personal experience, the value of email has been greatly tarnished by spam, unsolicited messages, online junk mail. So, many subscribers and would-be subscribers care very much about the exposure of their email addresses.
Why I Started My Ezine
Why I started this E- ZineSit back, and travel with me.I discovered my need to write and gather inspiring stories about baseball as I drove on route 80 in Northern New Jersey in February 2004.
An Embarrassment of Riches - Part II
The DOI Foundation has unveiled the DOI-EB (EB stands for e-books) Initiative in the Book Expo America Show 2001, to, in their words:"Determine requirements with respect to the application of unique identifiers to eBooksDevelop proofs-of-concept for the use of DOIs with eBooksDevelop technical demonstrations, possibly including a prototype eBook Registration Agency."It is backed by a few major publishers, such as McGraw-Hill, Random House, Pearson, and Wiley.
Three Breathing Techniques For Any Ezine Article
I subscribed myself to many ezines. I'd love to read articles in them.
11 Quick (and Good) E-zine Content Ideas
Publishing an e-zine is the ideal opportunity to showcase your business. By sharing your knowledge and expertise, you build credibility as an expert, while spreading the word about your services and products.
7 Ways You Can Make a Huge Impression With Your Ezine Welcome Message
Many times I receive a Welcome Message from someone after I subscribe to their ezine that leaves me wondering what I just jumped into. A welcome message is one of your first contacts with your subscriber, and it should say something that sets you apart from everyone else right at the get-go.
5 Tips for Catching Errors in Your Manuscript
What is your worse fear as a self-publishing writer? For many, it's finding mistakes after publication.Imagine receiving boxes of books from the printer only to discover a glaring typo.
Print On Demand Questions
Print on demand (POD), a cross between self-publishing and digital technology, is a hot publishing trend. Your book will be printed within weeks, but POD is still a gamble.
Some Things I Have Learned About the Exciting World of Ezines
1. Don't ever stop advertising for new subscribers.
|home | site map|