The Power of Personality
Owning an online business and publishing an ezine can be very frustrating, AND rewarding! There can be 100's or even 1000's of websites and/or ezines that are almost exactly like yours. What can you do to make your online business stand out from the rest?
The number one answer to this question is - add your own personality to your business and in your ezine.
I subscribe to probably over 100 ezines and most of these I do not even read. The ones that I like to read are the ones that contain some personality. I like to know that there is an actual person that I can identify with or get in touch with if I have any questions.
You are the main thing that makes your business unique! Use this to your advantage.
* Connect with your readers. This is the whole purpose of your ezine. By doing the following, you will make that very important connection.
* Let them get to know you. Have a section in your ezine where you talk to your readers and open up to them. I am not talking about pouring out all your personal problems to them, but share the part of yourself that makes you who you are. Share little tidbits of your life so they know that you are a real person and they can connect with you.
* Treat everyone with respect and courtesy. This is one that unfortunately some people forget these days. This one goes both ways for readers and publishers. You have to remember we are all in this together, so let us treat each other as we would want to be treated. Yes, the Golden Rule, which I believe in strongly!!
* Be as helpful as you can. Offer your expertise, advice and support whenever possible. Learn to understand what your readers/customers want and need. This will help form a strong bond.
* Let your passion and spirit come through. This is very important also. By letting your love for your work shine through, you will be "contagious"! Your readers will get caught up in it and they will become passionate as well.
* Include some original content. Always write some of your own content so there is a part of your ezine that is in no other ezine. If you write your own articles, (yes, you should) this will help give your ezine its own identity. Subscribers will look forward to reading each issue because of the original material. If you are not ready to write articles, even writing a short editorial or introduction to each issue will make a big difference in originality.
* Build Yourself to Build Your Business - In essence, you need to build yourself and your reputation in order to build your business. Show your readers that you are someone who knows what they are doing and that you can help them succeed as well. You want to prove that you are dependable, trustworthy, capable and definitely unique!
Publishing an ezine might be simple, but creating a unique, powerful, and personality-packed connection with your subscribers is a bit harder and much more effective!
About The Author
Terri Seymour owns and operates MyOwnEzine.com
Learn to publish and promote your own ezine. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
For a complete list of my articles available for reprint please email: mailto:email@example.com
You Can Develop An E-zine Even If You Dont Enjoy Writing!
Do you know that many business owners market their businesses by writing content for their online newsletters (e-zine)? And if you don't enjoy writing, the authors make those articles available to you.You can find both articles in article directories and article bank located on the Internet.
The Biggest Mistakes That Can Spell Doom For You As A Newsletter Publisher And How To Avoid Them
A lot of newsletter publishers spend a great deal of time wondering why they are not making money with their newsletters. Most of them expect to make so much money on getting started but they become disappointed with poor results.
Search Engines Can Be The Online Writers Best Friend
It's an exciting time for online writers, with a wide array of options. With desire and well-directed effort, a good writer can end up with a variety of work.
Increase Your Website Popularity with 500 Words
Are you looking to increase your relevancy in the search engines? You probably have heard that increasing the links to your site has an impact on your listing. But did you know you can do it without waiting, or asking other sites to link to you themselves?If you can write a 500-1000 word article about your business, you can increase your links in 24 hours.
How Many Articles Can An Author Write As An Expert In A Field?
More and more smart business people are finding the value of writing articles and putting them online in order to propel their expert status in their field. From this they develop a clientele base, which will patronize their businesses.
Secrets To Successful Publishing
Have you ever wondered what would it take to compete successfully with the "big guys" like Simon & Schuster and even get to the top of the heap? If there is such thing as a magic formula for success, then the story of Geela, the author of the bestseller book THE AMERICAN DREAM can certainly make a believer out of you too. Mastering the art of the possible is at the heart of Geela's brand new book where her message is that the possible always exceeds the impossible.
How to turn your Newsletter into a Web Page...in 45 seconds!
Do you place back-issues of your Newsletter onyour website?There are two good reasons why you should:(1) It shows potential subscribers that you'reserious about your Newsletter(2) Newsletters are rich in keywords, so it'sa very good idea to turn back-issues of yourNewsletter into HTML documents and then submitthem to the major Search EnginesHere's a little trick that will help you formatyour Newsletter as an HTML document:Copy the text of your Newsletter into a text editorsuch as NOTEPAD.Then copy the text from NOTEPAD into Microsoft Word.
Ezines, Ezines Everywhere!
There are literally thousands of ezines being published online these days. Sometimes it is hard to know which ones are best for advertising in, reading, subscribing to and so on.
How To Develope Content For Your Ezine Without Having To Write Your Own Articles
Do you struggle with creating content for your ezine? You think you are not good enough? Or you just don't have enough time to write quality articles? Here's some good news: You're not alone!The simple truth is? you don't have to be an expert writer on a particular subject, or require plenty of time to write a quality articles.It's not hard.
A Blog, 5 Minutes a Week and These 5 Simple Steps Equals Your Own Online E_ZINE
One of the fastest ways to gain "Guru" Status online is to publish an EZine. Notice I said Publish.
The Magic Button That Earns $3,546 or more
Ever wonder how a "guru" earns $3,546 or more just by pressing a button?The first thing a newbie learns when landing on the Internet is that it is full of hype. Hype this.
WHOOPS -- There Goes My List! (Are You Backing Up YOUR Biggest Asset?)
Have you ever accidentally lost an important file on your computer? Perhaps your computer crashed (again) or your cat sauntered over a dooming sequence of keys. Remember that little pang in your stomach you felt when you realized that file was gone for good?OK, now imagine losing your entire e-zine subscriber list.
6 Important Tips For Choosing Ezine To Advertise In
Did you ever wonder why some business owners seem to be able to pull in all the business they want, while others - perhaps you -can't seem to get any momentum? More often than not, it is because the successful ones have learned from marketing experts what works and what doesn't work in their marketing and promotional materials. Some marketing secrets seem to be secrets simply because they're widely known or understood.
The Future of Email Newsletter
The future of email Newsletter - Llando Ford 07.28.
5 Essential Online Tools for Writers and Publishers
Writing a newsletter or article can be very time consuming.First, you have to create your content.
How to Make Your eZine Work for You Long After Its Published
If you publish an email newsletter, do you convert the issues to HTML and archive them on your website? If you haven't been doing so, you should start now, today."But the free mailing service I use already archives them.
Should You Upgrade Your E-zine From Text to HTML?
A few years ago, when I first started seeing HTML e-zines in my inbox, I admit I was jealous. They were attractive, attention getting, snazzy.
An Embarrassment of Riches - Part I
The Internet is too rich. Even powerful and sophisticated search engines, such as Google, return a lot of trash, dead ends, and Error 404's in response to the most well-defined query, Boolean operators and all.
Good News About Getting Published
So you want to get a book published and add "author" to your resume. A decade ago, there weren't too many options for professionals and consultants to get into print.
Making Money Online With Web Publishing
Who doesn't want to make money online? Internet is here to dominate our lives and spreading its tentacles very fast. Every month millions of pages are added to the web space and more and more people are getting online for almost everything - from shopping to e-learning.
|home | site map|